ASLA OFFICIALLY OPENS 2019 CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR PROFESSIONAL AND STUDENT AWARDS PROGRAMS
Washington, D.C., December 17, 2018—The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) is now accepting entries for its 2019 Professional and Student Awards, the world’s most prestigious juried landscape architecture competition.
Each year, the ASLA Professional Awards honor the best in landscape architecture from around the globe, while the ASLA Student Awards provide a glimpse into the future of the profession.
Both the ASLA Professional and Student awards feature five categories: General Design; Residential Design; Analysis and Planning; Communications; and Research. The Professional Awards also include The Landmark Award, while the Student Awards include the Student Community Service Award and Student Collaboration categories.
Information about qualifications, submission requirements, and procedures can be found in the official call for entries at https://www.asla.org/2019cfe/
Award recipients receive featured coverage in Landscape Architecture Magazine, the magazine of ASLA, and in many other design and construction industry and general interest media. Award recipients, their clients, and advisors will be honored at the awards presentation ceremony during the ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture in San Diego, November 15-18, 2019.
The prestige of the ASLA awards programs relies on the high-caliber juries that are convened each year to review submissions. Members of this year’s professional awards jury are:Andrea Cochran, FASLA, Chair, Andrea Cochran Landscape Architecture, San Francisco, CA
The prestige of the ASLA awards programs relies on the high-caliber juries that are convened each year to review submissions. Members of this year’s professional awards jury are:
- Andrea Cochran, FASLA, Chair, Andrea Cochran Landscape Architecture, San Francisco, CA
- Henri Bava, Agence Ter, Paris, France
- Kofi Boone, ASLA, North Carolina State University, Durham, NC
- Gina Ford, FASLA, Agency Landscape and Planning, Cambridge, MA
- Deb Guenther, FASLA, Mithun, Seattle, WA
- John King, Honorary ASLA, San Francisco Chronicle, San Francisco, CA
- Pam Linn, FASLA, Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- John Vinci, Vinci Hamp Architects, Chicago, IL
- Keith Wagner, FASLA, Wagner Hodgson Landscape Architecture, Burlington, VT
Joining the jury for the selection of the Research Category will be Stephanie A. Rolley, FASLA, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, on behalf of the Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) and Gale Newman, ASLA Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, on behalf of the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture (CELA).
Members of the student awards jury are:
- Diane Jones Allen, ASLA, Chair, Design Jones LLC, Arlington, TX
- Diana Fernandez, ASLA, Sasaki Associates, Upton, MA
- David Gouverneur, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Robert Gray, ASLA, Hoerr Schaudt Landscape Architects, Kansas City, MO
- Damian Holmes, World Landscape Architecture, Melbourne, Australia
- Kendra Hyson, Associate ASLA, The Neighborhood Design Center, Washington, DC
- Maki Kawaguchi, Gehl, New York, NY
- Signe Nielsen, FASLA, Mathews Nielsen Landscape Architects, P.C., New York, NY
- Daniel Tal, ASLA, Ambit3D LLC, Lakewood, CO
- February 15, 2019 for ASLA Professional Awards
- May 10, 2019 for ASLA Student Awards
- 11:59 PST March 1, 2019, for ASLA Professional Awards
- 11:59 PST May 17, 2019, for ASLA Student Awards
Find out more at the https://www.asla.org/2019cfe/